Looking for Tennis in Ashford? Spelthorne Community Tennis Centre offers top tennis coaching, classes and memberships for all ages and all standards for keen players in Ashford, Spelthorne, Staines, and beyond. View our equality and diversity policy to see our aims and promises.
The aim of this policy is to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect and ensure members, non-members and visiting teams are not denied access to our tennis venue because of a discriminatory reason.
This policy is fully supported byÂ Spelthorne Community Tennis Centre who are responsible for the implementation and review of this policy.
Therefore we will adhere to the following:
- Take responsibility for setting and upholding standards and values that apply throughout the tennis club or venue at every level, so tennis can be enjoyed by everyone who wants to participate.
- Demonstrate a commitment to eliminating discrimination by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, ability or disability and to encourage equal opportunities and an inclusive welcoming environment.
- Ensure that employees, members, non-members and visiting teams are treated fairly and with respect and ensure that all members of the community regardless of their ability have access to and opportunities to take part in, and enjoy its programmes of activities, competitions and events.
- Oppose all forms of harassment, bullying or abuse towards an individual or group whether it is physical, verbal or online that is based on any of the characteristics listed above or for any other reason. Any incidents of this or a similar nature will be treated seriously and subjected to the appropriate disciplinary process.
- Ensure there is an immediate investigation of any complaints of discrimination on the above grounds, once they are brought to the attention of the tennis venue. Complaints will be dealt with in accordance with the complaints policy and, where such a complaint is upheld, the management committee may impose such sanctions as it considers appropriate and proportionate to the discriminatory behaviour.
- Promote a culture that encourages the learning and development of coaches and volunteers in order to achieve greater diversity and inclusion within tennis. As a minimum the Head Coach and at least two volunteers will undertake the LTA’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Training.
- Support, promote and enforce the LTA/Tennis Foundation Fair Play values within all tennis activities and environments.
- Be committed to and deliver a policy of fair and equitable treatment for all members and employees and require all members, employees and volunteers to abide by and adhere to these policies and the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 as well as any amendments to this Act or any new equality legislation.
- Be committed and take action to create an inclusive environment that is welcoming and seeks to improve representation across all groups and participation at all levels within tennis.
If you’re looking for Tennis in Ashford, look no further than Tennis Spelthorne. A fantastic way to have fun, get fit and meet new people, we believe tennis should be available to everyone ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â‚¬Å“ regardless of age, ability, disability or background. Whether you want to learn how to play, play for fun, raise your game to performance level or power-up your tennis technique, we have the perfect tennis class and coach to ensure you fulfill your sporting potential. Get in touch for your free trial now!